When Daddy was Away…
This past weekend (plus a few days) Ben was attending the NEXT conference in Baltimore, Maryland. Thank goodness we had a bunch of stuff planned to keep us busy! We still missed “Daddy” but at least we had fun!
Our weekend started by celebrating my grandparent’s 60th wedding anniversary! Amazing, huh? Ben and I are excited over our 7 year anniversary coming up but it sounds sooo puny compared to 60 YEARS! WOW! My cousins (minus 1) were there and their kiddos, as well as my sister and her kids, and of course Maddie and AJ, so we had a great time catching up and watching the kids all play together. The next day the little ones all met up at Dutch Wonderland. I hadn’t been there since I was little–and we just had the best time! Some highlights (by the kids):
* the purple dragon (at the castle enterance)
* the crocodile (at the enterance)
* the horsies (the merry-go-round)
* bull dozer ride
* big slide
* flume ride
* roller coaster (Maddie went on her very first roller coaster–with her hands up and screaming the entire time!! SO FUN!)
* (and of course!!) playing with Caroline, James, Brady, and Ryan!
A parade and a play date finished out our time. We had a great time, but boy, was it even better to get “Daddy” back!!!